Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dip Netting on the Kenai

Well, we tried dip netting on the Kenai again this year and were not quite as successful as we were last year. The weather was beautiful and there were lots of people out, but the waters were not so cooperative.

Brian ventured out first...
...and got a little wet.

The waves were a little high, but I tried my hand at it. I was not able to try it last year because I was pregnant and I was looking forward to netting a ton of fish. It was harder than I had expected and I was nearly knocked off my feet by the water.


Mom tried too...
...but the water got the best of her.
Check out her chest waders (remember that these are supposed to keep the water out)

The kids loved just sitting on the shore and playing in the sand.




No comments: