Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Catch Up

It has been a really long time since we updated our blog, so I thought that I would try to start catching up.  Since we last posted, I had my 31st birthday on April 9 and although Brian was out of town, my family did a good job helping me celebrate.  They took me out for breakfast, and then Alan and his girlfriend, Anya, watched the girls while my mom took me shopping.  It was fun to just get out of the house.  That evening they all made me dinner and we had cake and opened presents.  It was a really fun day and Brian and I got to celebrate when he got back into town. 

This is my new Liz Lemon Swindle - Kara thinks that the little girl in the picture is her, so she tells us that this is her with her "Big Brother".

Since it was springtime, we thought that the snow was finally gone for good, but we were sorely mistaken.  We had over a foot of snow again on April 25!


Brian and I then celebrated our tenth anniversary on May 8 and we decided that it was finally time that we could leave our kids overnight (this was the first time that we had ever done this). My mom, dad, Alan, and Anya teamed up to help watch the girls while Brian and I drove 45 minutes away to the town of Girdwood.  We really enjoyed just being able to spend some time together and the weather was beautiful.  We took naps, ate some good food, took the tram to the top of the mountain, and then ate brunch on Mother's Day at the top of the mountain.  It was a fun weekend and I just wish that we would have brought our camera.  It is hard to believe that we have been married for ten years, but I have to say that it has been a great ten years!  The girls survived our being away and kept my family on their toes.  Kassi came down with hand, foot and mouth and Kara had a fever and threw up on Alan.  Other than that everything went really well, but we were glad to be home and see our girls.

Kara celebrated her 4th birthday and asked her grandma to decorate her birthday cake with her favorite animal...a snowy owl!  Grandma did a great job and Kara loved her cake, all her presents, and celebrating with family.  The day started when Grandma, Kassi, and I took Kara to Toys "R" Us and let her pick out a toy.  All she wanted was a tiny little puppy and we had to convince her to get a few other things, but she loved walking around the store with her crown and balloon.  From there we took her to Chuckie Cheese and Brian even met us there for lunch.  Kara got another crown and just could not have been happier.





























Kara loved all of her gifts, but one of her favorites was her brand new bike.













No comments: