I have fond memories of going to the State Fair each year with my family and all these years later, I still love going to the fair. Kara and Kassi were excited to spend the day with dad, grandma, and grandpa and our first stop was the petting zoo. Kara loved feeding and petting all the animals.
Kassi, on the other hand, did not enjoy it quite as much. Bri tried to reassure her, but she just did not want to touch anything. She preferred to observe the animals from the other side of the fence.
From the petting zoo we were off to the pony rides. As you can see, Kara could not have been happier. (As I was showing this picture to Kara, she reminded me that the pony's name was Lightning - she has the best memory) Kassi kept asking us to let her ride a pony too, but once we got close, she changed her mind. Once again, she preferred watching from afar.
Kara tried to use her infallible charm to get grandpa to buy her a little toy, but grandpa just would not cave. Come on grandpa, doesn't she look cute...
After sampling the food booths it was off to the carnival. Kassi was disappointed that she was not tall enough for this ride, but maybe next year. This was Kara's favorite ride because it reminded her of the Dumbo ride at Disney Land. Don't you just love her hat?
There were a few rides Kassi was big enough for and Kara was more than willing to accompany her.
Although Kara's persuasive powers did not work on her grandpa to buy her a snow machine, she was able to persuade her dad to buy her a lollipop and cotton candy. While they were doing this, grandpa took Kassi to play a game. She displayed superb skill and won two prizes, which she was proud to show us.
It was a beautiful day and as always, I love going to the fair. I just hope my kids will have as fond memories of the fair as I have.
1 comment:
What a cute little family. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I hope you convinced grandpa to get you cotton candy too. Especially in your current state. Every pregnant lady needs a yummy treat.
Post a Comment