Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Kassi!

I cannot believe that our little baby is now officially a toddler, but then again I have to agree that she has not exactly looked like a baby for quite some time now.  We started out her birthday by going to the library for story-time.  The girls love going to the library and getting new books.

From the library we headed to Build-a-Bear.  Kara and Brian had a daddy daughter date a little while back where Kara was able to pick out a new bear and Kassi has been wanting to go.  At first, she couldn't decide between a pink leopard, a black lab puppy, and a bunny, but she finally decided on the bunny.




We ended the evening with a little family party.  Kassi loved all the attention, balloons, presents, cake, and ice cream.


For the last month or so, whenever we asked Kassi what she wanted for her birthday, she always said "macaroni", so we had that as our theme.  We had a few macaroni garlands, made macaroni necklaces for everyone to wear (Kassi and Kara both ate a few necklaces), ate macaroni for dinner, and grandma decorated the cake with a macaroni theme.

I think that Kassi had a great birthday and we want to thank all her friends and family who helped make the day extra special with their phone calls, cards, gifts, and love.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

So cute!!! That has to be the funniest birthday theme ever--macaroni!! I LOVE it. The cake is AWESOME. I can't believe how big our kids are getting. :)